How big is the pool?
- Our pool accomodates six 25-yard lap lanes, a diving well, a slide, two rock climbing walls and a baby pool.
- It is not an Olympic size pool.
What amenities does the pool have?
- The Highlands Recreation pool has two 15 foot rock climbing walls located next to the diving well.
- Climbing walls are available during recreational swimming hours.
- There is one slide that runs from the deck into the pool.
How deep is the pool?
- The shallow end of the pool is 3 feet deep, extending to 4 feet, and 5.5 feet. Our diving well ranges from 8 - 10 feet deep.
What is the pool temperature?
- 83 to 84 degrees based on the outside temperature.
- Pool is no longer domed for the winter.
What are the pool hours?
- Pool hours vary, depending on day of week and season. Please visit our Aquatics page to view the current pool hours.
- Note: To ensure the safety of our patrons, there may be occasions when pool must close on short notice. We apologize for any inconvenience such closures may cause.
Do I need to pay a pool entrance fee if I am not swimming?
- Swimmers and Non-Swimmers, 3 years old and over, are required to pay for entrance to the pool area.
How do I know what swim lesson level is right for my child?
- Please click here for descriptions of our group lesson levels.
- You may also call the Aquatics Supervisor at (650) 341-4251 for assistance in placing your child in the appropriate level.
How do private lessons work?
- Private Swim Lessons are offered during fixed times on weekday afternoons and weekend mornings. Private Lessons are available to all swim levels (1-5). Find a session date and time that works for you by clicking here. Sessions will range between 4-6 lessons.
How do I try out for the Highlands Dolphins Swim Club?
- Email the Swim Team Coach to arrange a try out time.