Beginning in the Fall 2022 session and moving forward, Highlands Recreation District will be enforcing new refund policies regarding seasonal camps, enrichment classes and camps, and aquatics programs.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Fees
- If a single class is cancelled by the Highlands Recreation District for any reason, a pro-rated District Credit will be automatically applied to your household credit. No cash, check, or credit/debit card refund will be given.
- Refunds may take up to 10 business days to process.
- All Service Fees added for credit and debit card payments are final. Service Fees will not be refunded or credited should a class be cancelled or if a participant requests to unenroll.
- If enrolled in a monthly program such the Early Education Center (EEC) or the After School Program (ASP), payment must be received by the end of the 5th business day of the month. Otherwise, a late fee of $50 will be charged.
- If enrolled in our ACH/ARB payment program, cancellation or changes must be received by the 15th of the month prior to the ACH/ARB withdrawal.
- For enrollment changes in the EEC, ASP, and In Crowd programs, contact the Director.
District Credit Information
- District Credits can be applied to any program at the Rec.
- Using District Credit towards any program will avoid additional service fees.
- District Credits must be used within one year of issue.
Seasonal and Enrichment Camps
- Participants in seasonal camps and enrichment camps may cancel enrollment on the Monday prior to the start of camp for a full refund.
- After the Monday prior to the start date, refunds will only be given before camp starts minus a $50 per child fee.
- No refunds will be given once camp starts.
- If a swim lesson is cancelled up to three days prior to the start date, a full refund will be issued.
- If a swim lesson is cancelled within 2 days of the start date, a prorated refund will be granted.
- If a swim lesson is cancelled the day of the first class or after the session has started, no refunds or credits will be given.
- For aquatics programs, there will not be any make-ups, refunds, or credits offered for a participant that misses a class or lesson.
- If Highlands Rec cancels a lesson, participants will be notified via email regarding any possible makeup dates or credits being awarded.
- Participants in enrichment classes may cancel enrollment up to 3 business days prior to the first class to receive a full refund of the session.
- If cancelling enrollment within 2 business days prior to class start date, a pro-rated credit or refund will be issued.
- No credits or refunds are given on the day of the first class or after the class has started.
To view the Refund Policies page on our website, please click here.