The agenda shall be prepared by the General Manager in consultation with the President, who shall have consulted with each Director to determine which matters should be agendized. The agenda shall be posted by the General Manager at the Rec. Center in a prominent place easily accessible to the public for a period of at least seventy-two (72 hours) before each Board meeting. Copies of the agenda shall be circulated to all members of the Board at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of each Board meeting.
- Regular Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held on the second Tuesday of each month in a meeting room of the Recreation Center. Time and place may be changed by the Board of Directors after the regular meeting has been called to order. The new time and location shall be posted on the outside of the external door of the room as so indicated on the agenda.
- Special Meetings may be called by the President of the Board or by a majority of Directors in the event of matters of importance, which cannot logically be delayed until the next general, regular, meeting. Only agenda items may be taken up at these meetings. Notice of such a special meeting must be provided to all Directors twenty-four (24) hours in advance of the meeting.
- Emergency Meetings. When a majority of the Board determines that an emergency situation exists, it may call an emergency meeting. All provisions governing special meetings apply to an emergency meeting except for the 24-hour notice. Emergency meetings may not be held in closed session.
- Closed sessions are limited to specific matters such as real estate negotiations with a hired agent of the Board; pending litigation with a legal advisor to the board; insurance liability with Board’s insurance advisor and/or legal advisor; personnel matters, and threat to public security. Any closed sessions of the Board must be briefly described on an agenda for the meeting. Prior to adjourning into closed session, a Director (usually the President of the Board) must orally announce the items to be discussed in the closed session. Once the closed session has been completed, the Board must reconvene in open session, where it may be required to report votes and actions taken in closed session.
- Committees. At the regular January Board meeting following each general election, appointments shall be made by the President of Directors to serve on various standing committees. A standing committee shall consist of two Directors. Each committee is authorized to meet with staff members, and/or contractors, etc. to review pertinent matters within the scope of its jurisdiction. The standing committee shall report on its meetings at the next general Board meeting, making recommendations if it so desires. No final actions may be taken by a committee unless specifically authorized to do so by a majority vote of the Board members. The President of the Board may make appointments to ad-hoc committees, as the Board deems necessary. Ad-hoc committees shall have a defined purpose and a time frame to accomplish that purpose and be only advisory is nature, i.e., the committee cannot be delegated any decision-making power and returns to the full Board its recommendation.