Highlands Recreation District
Guidelines For Lap Swim During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Current Highlands Pool Memberships are on hold. Current Memberships will be extended once the pool is able to reopen all services. Lap swimming is pay per use.
Resident & Senior Fee: $7.00
Non-Resident Fee: $15
1. Lap Swimming is defined as 1 swimmer continually swimming back and forth across the length of the pool. (25 Yards)
2. Each lane is limited to 1 swimmer per lane.
3. Reservations are required to use the pool. Reservations can be made up to 3 days in Advance. (See “Reservation Guidelines” for more information)
4. Each hour will consist of a 45-minute block of time for swimming and 15 minutes for staff to appropriately clean the facility for the next group.
5. Each lane will have 1 kickboard available for use. Once it is used it will be removed for cleaning and replaced with a clean one.
6. All swimmers must come to the pool ready to swim. The changing rooms and showers are not available for use.
7. Once your session is over, you must exit the facility promptly.
8. Rest Rooms will be available for use, and will be cleaned after each 45-minute session.
9. A face mask or some kind of face covering must be worn when entering and exiting the facility. A face covering is not required to be worn when swimming.
10. Lane assignments will be posted at the entrance to the pool. You will not be allowed in until pool staff has finished cleaning and it is safe to enter.
11. You may line up only 15 minutes prior to your reservation, please do not line up any earlier!
12. If you feel sick, stay home!
New Lap Swim Registration System!!
We are now using a completely online sign up system for lap swim reservations. Through Sign Up Genius you can now pick your lane and time with instant confirmation of availability! Here are some FAQ’s that will help you through the process!
Current Sign Up Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A44ACAD2DA1FA7-lapswim2
Do I need to register with Sign Up Genius to sign up for a lane?
You do not need to register with Sign Up Genius to sign up for a lane. Registering with the website will make it easier to cancel and edit your sign ups, and will make it easier to send out the link each sign up period, however it is not necessary.
Will HRD residents still get priority reservations?
Yes! All HRD residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their address. You will receive a code to get into the sign-up system and make your reservations. At 8am on Fridays, that code restriction is taken away and anyone is available to make reservations.
How do I know if I am a resident?
The Highlands Recreation District is mainly the Eichler homes that surround the Rec Center. If you are not sure, please send your address to email@example.com to verify if you live in the District.
Will I still be able to sign up others in my household?
Unfortunately, the system will only allow 3 reservations per email. This means multiple people will need to make reservations. While this is not an improvement on the previous system, it will allow for more opportunity for more lanes to be available.
If a sign up is full, is there a waiting list?
The system does not allow for a waiting list. So, if a sign up is full, keep checking back and look for openings and cancellations. If you see an open spot, you can take it immediately.
How late can I cancel my reservation?
While we are not currently taking pre-payment at this time, we ask that out of courtesy for those who might want to use the space that you cancel up until 24 hours before the reservation date. This will give others the opportunity to fill the space and we don’t have lanes that are not being used.
How do I cancel my reservation?
If you are already signed up on Sign Up Genius, just log in to your account and edit your sign ups. If you do not have a Sign Up Genius account, click the top of the screen where it says “Change My Sign Up” and follow the directions from there. If you choose not to sign up for Sign Up Genuis, you can take the option of getting a one time link to edit/cancel reservations.