Highlands Recreation District
Guidelines For Lap Swim During the Covid-19 Pandemic
Current Highlands Pool Memberships are on hold. Current Memberships will be extended once the pool is able to reopen all services. Lap swimming is pay per use.
Resident & Senior Fee: $5.00
Non-Resident Fee: $10Lap Swim 2020 rules and reservation Guidelines ch.pdf
1. Lap Swimming is defined as 1 swimmer continually swimming back and forth across the length of the pool. (25 Yards)
2. Each lane is limited to 1 swimmer per lane.
3. Reservations are required to use the pool. Reservations can be made up to 3 days in Advance. (See “Reservation Guidelines” for more information)
4. Each hour will consist of a 45-minute block of time for swimming and 15 minutes for staff to appropriately clean the facility for the next group.
5. Each lane will have 1 kickboard available for use. Once it is used it will be removed for cleaning and replaced with a clean one.
6. All swimmers must come to the pool ready to swim. The changing rooms and showers are not available for use.
7. Once your session is over, you must exit the facility promptly.
8. Rest Rooms will be available for use, and will be cleaned after each 45-minute session.
9. A face mask or some kind of face covering must be worn when entering and exiting the facility. A face covering is not required to be worn when swimming.
10. Lane assignments will be posted at the entrance to the pool. You will not be allowed in until pool staff has finished cleaning and it is safe to enter.
11. You may line up only 15 minutes prior to your reservation, please do not line up any earlier!
12. If you feel sick, stay home!
1. All reservations will be taken via e-mail only. Please email (redacted) for all reservation. Check availability at
For 7/15-7/21 https://bit.ly/2VUwT4W
For 7/8-7/14 https://bit.ly/3gccwrB
2. You must receive a confirmation email prior to showing up at the pool. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, your reservation is not confirmed and will not be honored.
3. Once a reservation is made, you may cancel up until 1 hour before your scheduled reservation.
4. You may reserve only one time slot per day. You can make 3 reservations per week. (This means you may book 1 reservation for up to 3 different days)
5. Reservations will be made only one week in advance beginning the Wednesday of that week. (Reservations will be available for the first two weeks for opening and every following Wednesday we will add one week)
6. There are only 6 lanes plus the diving tank available. Lanes will be assigned as reservations come in, first come first served. If you specifically want the diving tank, please request it through your email.
7. You will see your lane assignment on the sign board as you enter the pool.
8. Reservations can only be made between 8am and 8pm. Emails received after 8pm will not be processed until the next day.
9. Please be patient as this is a new system for all of us and we are trying to operate in a way that is compliant with all current CDC and San Mateo County Guidelines.
10. Please check the google calendar for available times.
Payment will be accepted upon arrival, please have credit card or exact change available.